Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Playing The Game

Some of us are self inflicting sadist who re-roll to the other side and found that 22 level as a DK is still 22 level too much to level up. (granted that it was much easier).

On a good note, leveling a death knight has been much much much easier than the others. We’ll talk about that later.

The death knight was suppose to be my little alt secret. I clicked launch game one day and found myself browsing through the new character creation. And there it was. The dual edge blade icon stared at me. And I clicked it. Again….

Oh.. I didn’t tell you, I’ve successfully deleted 2 DK in the past. Leveled them all the way up to Hellfire Peninsula, and deleting them as soon as I need the space for a bank alt. Yay for level 1 human priest.

Aduh was my first DK. As soon as I got Wrath installed, I’ve always wanted a hot female Dranei toon. She was replaced by a bank alt. Similarly hot but less pale.

Then there was a dwarf DK. I don’t remember his name but he looks like a decomposed Hulk Hogan. His vein is about to pop due to the increased daily diet of steroid. Ran ramparts with him and wiped so many times cause I tried to tank it in blood presence with no healer. What… didn’t you see the youtube video? Yeah… that’s how my DK rolled. No doubt I’ve contributed to the circulation of Deathtard. I must’ve looked like those DK that rolled on Pally gear and stack spell power.

And then there was Woog…..

Woog started as I was curious with what’s the horde side looks like. With Woog, instead of reading the quest and enjoying the DK starting zones scenery, I started paying attention to his runes!!! I know… They’re those 6 round balls that’s hanging underneath your toon picture. I also notice an extra bar called rune power!!! Whadayaknow…. If you start reading the tool tips, you can figure out the basic ‘rotation’.

I spent more time in the starting zone reading the talent tree description as I get new talent point.

I saw a man on the subway, on the way home from work today. He was a big and burly man. He had a funky little leather hat and a light brown leather coat lined with leopard lining all the way down to his knee. I can’t really see his eyes through his sunglasses but he was smiling. Turns out he got a headphone on and he was getting his groove on. His bottom was shaking and turning around. He mumbles vaguely the word of un unfamiliar song. He was singing and dancing to his own beat. Now this was rush hour in NYC and this subway car is full. People were giggling and smiling at his antics and gyrating movement, but he kept going. He kept moving, humming and enjoying his moment in the subway.

Woog is not burly nor old. Unfortunately he doesn’t have a leopard lined jacket although that would make him pimped out to the max. But when I get behind the steering wheel of Woog, I get the same feeling. For once I’m ‘playing the game’. For once I’m not reading a guide on ‘how to’. For once I’m playing a death knight, and it feels good…

Outland went by so fast it was a blur, Northrend was almost as short. With the new dungeon finder I find myself in a group for a dungeon run as I was about to get bored from questing. There’s only so much ‘kill’ or ‘use’ you can stand on a night.

So here I am. Dinged 80 on a Son of Hodir chain quest. Opened the death gate ASAP to train my new spells and found myself back to where I was in the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment